Dr. Dillemans evolved this high volume center to a Center of Excellence as well as a Center of Efficiency, both in conventional primary bariatric procedures as in revisional surgery.
You can apply for a fellowship of 3 months or an observership of 2-3 weeks in this Bariatric Center.
Details of the fellowship:
- The fellowship will mainly be focused on bariatric surgery (laparoscopic gastric bypass, laparoscopic gastric banding, laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy, open or laparoscopic revisional procedures)
- The fellow will also participate in other general surgical procedures (lap nissen, lap gastrectomy, lap hernia, lap splenectomy, ...)
- In general there are three full operation lists a week (monday, wednesday, thursday)
- There will be sufficient 'hands-on' experience depending on the skills of the fellow
- The fellow will be involved in the scientific work of the bariatric unit with co-authorship of the resulting publications
- The fellowship will not be financially reimbursed
- The fellowship does not conclude accommodation
Forms required for application:
- Application form
- Curriculum vitae
- A copy of your medical AND surgical license (English translation)
- Letter of recommendation of your hospital
Questions and completed application forms with supporting documents should be directed to the secretary of General Surgery: